DM Nephrology, SGPGI Lucknow Kidney Specialists and Kidney Transplant Doctor
In recent years, the increasing number of kidney patients is becoming a cause for concern. It is emerging as a serious problem all over the world. Now kidneys of 1 out of every 10 people are being affected. Our country is the Diabetes capital, and most kidney patients are increasing due to Diabetes. Therefore, it is emerging as a serious problem. In western India, this problem is also happening due to some other reasons.
In areas with excessive rainfall, there is an increase in kidney patients due to important reasons like malaria, Dengue fever, Leptospirosis, snake bite, etc. Apart from this, lack of clean drinking water, polluted environment, flood outbreaks, unwanted adulteration in indigenous medicines, lack of awareness, and increased use of insecticides is the main reason.
Causes of chronic kidney disease
- Diabetes 31%
- high blood pressure 13%
- Glomerulonephritis Infection 14%
- drug, calculi, prostate 10%
- other causes 32%
- loss of appetite
- swollen eyes and body
- excessive burning and red urine
- uncontrolled blood pressure and blood sugar
An increase in awareness, early diagnosis of illnesses, proper and timely treatment can lead to improved quality of life and huge cost savings to the affected families.
Mandatory changes in lifestyle should be made such as reducing salt intake, abstaining from alcohol, and smoking, maintaining public health, staying active, and exercising regularly are of paramount importance in halting the disease process in kidneys.
A healthy kidney maintains a balance of mineral and water content in the body, which becomes difficult to achieve if the kidney is not functioning properly. A special diet is needed only if you have severe kidney disease or if you are on dialysis.
Control of blood pressure and diabetes
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and high blood pressure and diabetes damage the blood vessels in your kidneys that filter waste from your blood.
- Medications for blood pressure or blood pressure and diabetes can not only help lower BP (blood pressure) and control the amount of sugar in the blood but can also prevent kidney problems from becoming more serious.
Dialysis and kidney transplant
Long-term or chronic kidney failure can lead to complete kidney failure, which can put your life at risk. Dialysis and kidney transplant are the only treatment options at this stage.
Dialysis is divided into two kinds
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Kidney transplant is of two types
Living donor transplant
- Same blood group of donor and patient (ABO compatible)
- Different blood group of donor and patient (ABO incompatible)
Cadaveric (deceased) donor transplant (donation after brain death/cardiac death of a patient who otherwise has good functioning kidneys)
Contact For More Information:- Alfa Kidney Care